Equipment needed

• 12 December 2020
  • 3 replies

I have 1 Sonos soundbar and subwoofer hooked to my TV inside, 2 Play 1’s, 1 Amp powering 2 outdoor speakers on my deck, 1 connect amp powering 2 more outdoor speakers, 1 Beam connected to a separate garage kitchen.

1) I want to get 1 more amp for a single outdoor speaker that I already have. What is recommended? 

1. Why is it when I stream through my Beam that I cannot listen to something different on my other speakers unless I shut off the Beam?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

1. Another Sonos Amp? Not sure I understand the question. I guess another CONNECT:AMP, if it is S2 compatible and can be found would work. I wouldn’t, in general, recommend splitting your system between S1 and S2, if you can avoid it. 

2. You absolutely should be able to play another source on any ‘room’ in your Sonos system while something is playing on the Beam, that’s exactly what Sonos is made for. Do you get errors when you attempt to do so? Are all these rooms currently grouped, and you just need to ungrouped them in order to get different sources in each ‘room’ in the Sonos software?
  1. The amp for the 2 outdoor speakers, the play at/subwoofer, the connect amp and the Play 1’s are 2 years old. The Beam is new. 

2. If the Beam is on and it’s playing through a TV, I can only play what is playing on the Beam on the other speakers. If I group the Beam but it isn’t the main speaker, I can listen to it normally.

Both my previous answers stand. You haven’t answered the questions I asked, perhaps it might be best if you were to call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available for them to assist you.