Question

Echo and Sonos Multiple Devices Closeby Rooms

• 3 February 2018
  • 1 reply

I have a family room / kitchen combo. I have multiple Echo devices available to me (dots, second gen Tower, first tower). I just purchased the new Sonos One built in with Alexa. When I'm in the kitchen, I like to use Echo for news, timers, and light listening. So, I'm thinking about setting up my One in the kitchen. No more than 20 feet away, I'd like to set up my new Play 5 on a Flexson stand, when I'm sitting in the family room for richer fuller sound. Should I: 1) just use my existing Echo products (and forget the new Sonos One) and control the Play 5 through an existing Echo product, 2) just rely on the Sonos One (since everything is in close proximity), or 3) put the Sonos One in the Kitchen and Set up the Play 5 in the family room. Thank you.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
If you already have Echo devices in proximity to your Sonos speakers then I wouldn't bother with the Sonos 1s.

I think more to the point your issue will be if you're in the kitchen getting Alexa to tell you jokes and the like then if anybody else is listening to other Sonos zones then those zones will go quiet every time you activate Alexa. This will be the same whether you keep your current Echos or go for a Sonos 1