Question

Do I need to replace all?

• 26 August 2019
  • 5 replies

Hello!

I´m having 2 Play1 and 1 Play3 today but I want to integrate my Sonos with Google Nest and ofcourse Assistant. Do I really need to replace them all with Sonos 'One'? Can I buy one One and still make Assistant start playing music in all rooms? 🙂

Feels not very cost effective to replace them already.. puh! 🙂

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
You do not need to replace any of your existing speakers. Once you setup google assistant integration, and google assistant speaker (like a Google Mini, Sonos One, or android phone) can take voice commands to control your Sonos speaker system.
You do not need to replace any of your existing speakers. Once you setup google assistant integration, and google assistant speaker (like a Google Mini, Sonos One, or android phone) can take voice commands to control your Sonos speaker system.

Really? . gosh, I need to check that while home! If you have any Quick guide please let me know:)
Userlevel 4
Badge +6

You do not need to replace any of your existing speakers. Once you setup google assistant integration, and google assistant speaker (like a Google Mini, Sonos One, or android phone) can take voice commands to control your Sonos speaker system.Really? . gosh, I need to check that while home! If you have any Quick guide please let me know:)

Here is a good place to start, (hope you get this as my posts are being moderated and deleted by Sonos admin)

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3490?language=en_US
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Hi

I can't say for sure but I think I read somewhere in this forum that if using Google Assistant with a stereo pair of Sonos One's only the left speaker will respond. It's not a defect, but just the way google assistant is implemented.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks for helping out everyone! @Peagle, it looks like one of your posts got flagged by the automatic spam filter over the weekend, but I reclaimed it for you already, it's possible some other posts were rejected entirely because of that (though usually they just all get filtered). But I don't see any others in the filter at the moment. We did delete a few off topic and inappropriate posts from a contentious thread over the weekend as well, but only one or two of those posts was yours.