Question

Do I go for 2 Play 3s or 1 Play 5?!

• 29 November 2016
  • 3 replies

I have a room which is about 9 metres by 4 metres. Should I go for a single Play 5 which has superior sound, or do I go for 2 Play 3s so that I can put them at either side / end of the room to get the benefit of the stereo effect? Thanks in advance.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Get a Play:5. Then when you can afford it, get another one. 🙂
Badge +1
Stretching your question a bit, I'd go for one 5, planning to add another 5 to it. i have my 5 in a room almost as big as yours (7x4) and it works well, but to my ears it needs some "oomph". Basically, my dream situation would be two 5s and a sub. Instead than the 3s, u could also consider a couple of 1 and a sub.
Stretching your question a bit, I'd go for one 5, planning to add another 5 to it. i have my 5 in a room almost as big as yours (7x4) and it works well, but to my ears it needs some "oomph". Basically, my dream situation would be two 5s and a sub. Instead than the 3s, u could also consider a couple of 1 and a sub.
Perfectly reasonable suggestions. But I prefer 2 Play:5s to 2 xP:1s plus Sub.

I have a Sub with my stereo P:5s but it doesn't add a huge amount.