Do I get 2 Play 3's and a Sub or 2 Play 5's?

• 15 January 2017
  • 32 replies

I'm try to figure out what the best setup would would be for room(8x7m). Should I go with 2 Play 3's and a sub or 2 Play 5's without the sub?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

32 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4
The purpose of the playbar is for the tv but I play music through it regularly and of course the 2play1 and sub that make up the surround system and it sounds great! Try it you be disappointed. - Kris 🙂
Badge
I may go have another listen if I can't place my play1's in our room as I want them this is why I was thinking on the playbar it would be in the perfect place, in front of me and with more stereo spaceness than our play1 that's on the cabinet also thinking on the play5 2nd gen putting it where the play1 is now
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
buff69- I have the play1 in the corners of my rooms and in 2 rooms depending on where you sit one could be behind you. It's not bad. try it and see for yourself. If you don't like it go with your play5 idea. I wouldn't buy the playbar specifically for music. I am not just playing music through the playbar I am playing through the whole surround system which consists of: 2play1, a sub, and the playbar. - Kris:)
Badge
Thanks Kris I have two play1's I just can't place one of them for stero in front of me this is the reason I was interested in the playbar that would be in front of me just a bit lower than ear height but would be stereo and sound a bit wider than just one play1's that's in the corner. I would use both play ones as the rear surround speakers if I went with the playbar, so reading your reply you play music through the playbar AND play1's what does that sound like for music (I didn't know you could do that) I don't have the sub but I could save up for that cheers b
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
Yes, I shut the tv off and play music through the playbar AND play1's AND the sub altogether. It sounds terrific. You want the surround settings set to "full" for music playback. Save up and add pieces as your budget allows (that's what I did) you won't be disappointed. - Kris:)
Badge
Hi Krislu after finally getting my wife to talk to me about it ( she doesn't like me having fun lol) we went with a play 5 2 gen our living room is just to small for what I wanted (what you have) so a compromise was settled on now just got to rearrange a few bits to place it but many many thanks for your invaluable help happy Sonos'ing b
My playbar and sub sound way better than my play 3 for music. I have a playbar. It works great with my tv. Because of the optical input. It literally works with every device connected to my tv. And the music sounds great on it too. So many people saying don’t get it if your also interested in music. I would say don’t listen to them, I love my playbar. Pair it with the sub. Mine sounded great without the sub. And it sounds amazing with the sub. It’s so loud and clear. And even sounds great when you’re in a different room. I would say If you’re going to put your speakers near your tv, the playbar is a must because of its optical input. Plus the strereo separation is pretty good on it out of the box.