Disney+ subscription with Arc purchase in October

• 29 September 2020
  • 8 replies

This is interesting and new for Sonos.

https://www.androidcentral.com/sonos-giving-away-disney-subscriptions-when-you-purchase-beam-or-arc-soundbar

6 months of Disney + if you order Arc or Beam in October.   Makes sense that the promotion is with their two primary home theatre products, but it a little odd that Sonos seems to be selling them faster than they can make them, so they don’t appear to need a promotion.   Makes me think the deal was made a while back, or this is something Disney wants as much as Sonos.  You pretty much can’t even get an Arc delivered till November after the promo is over.

However, perhaps that’s part of the plan since this seems to mostly be about the Mandalorian, which doesn’t start season 2 till November 12.  Perhaps it also helps to do this pre-retail season, so they people get their soundbar early, then get surrounds and sub for Christmas.

Along with this Sonos is doing a new radio channel with Madalorian composer Ludwig Göranss...and I’m a bit interested in that.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Badge

You gotta be kidding me I literally just placed an order on Arc on 29th September If I had read this somewhere I would have waited on the already back-ordered item. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Tell me about it, I ordered mine Sep 21.

Badge

Tell me about it, I ordered mine Sep 21.

Well at least that was 10 days away. I think we should cancel and reorder it’s going to be on back order anyways. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Yeah, you’re in a more painful situation being 2 days before the promo started. I used an upgrade credit to buy mine, I’d be afraid it would go away if I cancelled and reordered. While it would be nice to get the free Disney+, it’s not worth risking the 30% discount over a $36 freebie. The only other concern I’d have about cancelling and reordering is if this promo kicked off a bunch of sales the backlog might grow so you might lose more than a week of waiting for it.  

Do I need to have ordered Beam directly from Sonos.com to get the Disney+ deal?  I paid the same as what I would have paid online.  Seems only fair to offer it to people like us...

From the Sonos.com home page...

Offer valid on qualifying sonos.com purchases made October 1-31, 2020 for new Disney+ subscribers. Sonos Terms and Conditions apply. Disney+ Subscriber Agreement applies. Credit card required for Disney+ account.
©2020 & ™ Lucasfilm Ltd

While I get why you would want the deal to apply to any Sonos purchase anywhere, I think you can see how that could greatly increase the cost administering the program.  There would need to be some way to tie in your purchase at a particular Sonos reseller to validate eligibility.  Apparently, Sonos sends you a code  to use for Disney + after your purchase...which is easy to do with Sonos.com, maybe not too hard with big resellers like BestBuy or Amazon, but smaller shops would be much more difficult. Even if they did something like include a card with a code on it in the package, which surely would be more expensive than emails and more easily abused, since there are huge shipping delays, a lot of folks would not get their device near or after then end of the redemption period, Dec. 1 2020.

Badge

Do I need to have ordered Beam directly from Sonos.com to get the Disney+ deal?  I paid the same as what I would have paid online.  Seems only fair to offer it to people like us...

Yes I think directly from website 

Badge

From the Sonos.com home page...

Offer valid on qualifying sonos.com purchases made October 1-31, 2020 for new Disney+ subscribers. Sonos Terms and Conditions apply. Disney+ Subscriber Agreement applies. Credit card required for Disney+ account.
©2020 & ™ Lucasfilm Ltd

While I get why you would want the deal to apply to any Sonos purchase anywhere, I think you can see how that could greatly increase the cost administering the program.  There would need to be some way to tie in your purchase at a particular Sonos reseller to validate eligibility.  Apparently, Sonos sends you a code  to use for Disney + after your purchase...which is easy to do with Sonos.com, maybe not too hard with big resellers like BestBuy or Amazon, but smaller shops would be much more difficult. Even if they did something like include a card with a code on it in the package, which surely would be more expensive than emails and more easily abused, since there are huge shipping delays, a lot of folks would not get their device near or after then end of the redemption period, Dec. 1 2020.

To reply to this...I think this is not totally true. I had initial order Black Arc on 29th September. On October 2nd week I canceled my order and placed an order on White Arc. It got shipped in the next 2 days and today morning I got my Arc delivered along with Disney+ subscription. The only issue is that Disney + doesn't output Atmos on Samsung TVs.