Dilemma - What should i buy

• 6 July 2018
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +7
Hi all!

help me decide. As you can see my living space looks like so. i currently have two Play 3's (black in diagram). My main goal is to replace my Qacoustics M4 for TV and music. I have a dillema. Buy the Playbar (green in diagram) or buy the Beam and two Play 1's (blue in diagram)? I know that the Beam is not suitable for big open spaces but I reckon:

1. I listen to Tv and music at very reasonable levels.
2. my two Play 3's in unison are loud enough for my space.
3. For the price of the Playbar, I can get a Beam and almost two Play 1's.

I love the Sonos products. At first, I thought the Beam would be a dissapontment. First reviews clearly show I am wrong.
I would love to hear what you guys think.
Neven

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi Neven

I ran across this post that was prior to your most recent one. I guess you’ve made your decision by now but here’s my two cents again. Unless you want the Beam for Alexa and HDMI-ARC here’s an option…

The Play 3’s appear to be too far apart for any type of paired Stereo affect so I’ll assume they are stand- alone’ s. You could move the Play 3’s to the surround position and purchase the Playbar for a better TV/movie experience. Purchase a Sonos One with Alexa and Airplay 2 compatibility to replace the Play 3 in dining room. Set the Play 3’s to Full in the Sonos app for music. Those combined with Playbar for music will still fill the room. Granted the idea is a bit more expensive but as I said it depends upon why you want the Beam.

Cheers!