Question

Digital amplifier Sonamp.

• 24 September 2020
  • 4 replies

Hello

How to connect my SONANCE Digital Multi Channel Amplifier and Stereo Speakers to SONOS

Shall I rout the Zone ( Two Channels ) speakers first to sonos and then to two channels Zone in the amplifier 

Thanks 

Eng. Ali Sulaiman

Low Current Engineer 

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Ali Sulaiman.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us.

I would like to ask what Sonos device you are using? You may use either the Sonos Port (the most ideal Sonos device since you already have an amp) or the Sonos Amp. Let me share with you the Sonos Port and the Sonos Amp’s limitation, functionalities, and specifications to better understand how they work. 

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Hi Paul

thanks for your reply 

I am Going to implement SONOS Port 

I just want to confirm that the SONOS Port will be located between the Two Speakers and the Amplifier Speaker Channels 

Thanks and Appreciation 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The Port is meant to be connected to an amplifier, not to speakers.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Ali Sulaiman.

Thanks for the update and immediate response. 

I definitely agree with @106rallye. The Sonos Port’s main feature is to implement traditional music sources to the Sonos System such as turntables, CD players, Cassette players, etc.  You can also integrate traditional speakers into the Sonos system. However, you may need your amplifiers to power up those speakers. I think based on your description, you’re all set.

Let us know how it goes. We are always here to help.

Thanks,