Question

Crestron module Line-in activation

• 24 January 2018
  • 11 replies

Good day
Is there a way to activate Line-in (Sonos Connect) with Crestron Sonos module ?
Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Unfortunately in the new module (3.0.0) I did not find such an opportunity.
Did you somehow solve this question differently?
Has this question been resolved?
Is it possible to directly include line-in?

Hi
Unfortunately hasn't
I didn't try to use the latest module version, but two month ago there was no way to activate line-in through the module.
What is Crestron Sonos Module?
The module is available 66.06.003.00 (Crestron DB)
SIMPL - Symbol Library - Crestron Modules - Media Resource
What is Crestron Sonos Module? I tried to find it online, I can't find it. Sonos has Connect and Connect Amp, I cannot see Crestron interface hardware anywhere??? My question is simple, Can Crestron be managed using Sonos app? If yes, can somebody post steps to do that.
Has this question been resolved?
Is it possible to directly include line-in?
Good evening

Here is the link to description page
https://www.crestron.com/en-US/Partners/Integrated-Partners/Sonos
You should register on Crestron site, after that you will see the link to the module and example on the bottom of the page

br
Valentin
Thanks Valentin.

Can you please send me the link to the Example?

regards
Good day

You are right, Sonos has complete integration with Crestron Systems. You can find Sonos modules in Creston Library. You need Sonos device module and Sonos system module. There is very good example program with multiroom support, You can download it from Crestron site.
Meanwhile I can advise You to use 3-series CP and panels, that way You are able to use smart graphics media player (which is used that example) otherelse You will face lot of Simpl programming for each zone.

BR
Valentin
Folks, I have Crestron whole home automation for multiple rooms. I have Crestron Control Processor CP2, Crestron Audio Distribution CNX-PAD8A (2 of them) and Crestron Amplifier CNAMPX-12X60 (2 of them) with touch pads all over the place in my home in 12 zones and the system works fine. I however love the ease of Sonos App and the interface to the streaming services as I have whole home Sonos in another home. Is there a way to use Sonos App to control Crestron system. I want to integrate Sonos app with my Crestron system. The only way I see is to buy 12 Connect AMPS and remove my Crestron Amps and replace Crestron with Sonos (practically have to throw whole Crestron system out). I read somewhere that Crestron and Sonos have partnered and I am wondering if there is a better way to integrate the two systems. Please advise. Thanks.
Thanks 🙂 I got an advise to ask here from Restriction support 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Best place to ask would be the Creston support page?
https://www.crestron.com/en-US/Support