Question

COVID Outdoor Wedding: Using my Sonos setup

• 17 August 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi Folks, 

New memeber here. I am getting married in 4 weeks and thinking about using my sonos setup as a sound system for the event. Appreciate your thoughts on how to make it work.

My setup: 2 x play:1s + 1xOne + 1 x beam

Wedding: Venue: backyard, roughly 30x30 ft. Expected 30 guests. 

We are planning on getting a separate speaker and mic for the ceremony and using the sonos for music. Currently thinking about getting 2 more Ones (moving to a new house and will need them anyways). 

Questions:

1. Is this a good idea? Any reason why I do not want to do this (other than weather)
  2. Is this enough output for the space? 
  3. Most importantly, I am worried about wifi range. I have heard from a friend that boost would easily take care of that. Is that true?

Following your input I will pull the plug on purchasing 2 more Ones and a Boost. 

Thank you.

Jad

4 replies

Not recommended. If you look through the forums, you’ll find lots of discussions as to why. Bottom line, you’re better off renting a PA system. 

Other people have had the same idea as you, did their due diligence and setup and tested the speaker before hand.  All good. When the actual event happened, the speakers did’t work.  What happened? Adding 30+ people is going to screw up your wireless connectivity.

Thank you both. Will rent a good old fashioned PA system then.

Better safe than sorry, for such an important day. And congratulations!