Question

Connecting two non-Sonos devices

• 20 November 2020
  • 1 reply

I recently moved into a new house and want to start building out a Sonos sound system. I just bought a Sonos Port to hook up to a Samsung soundbar and subwoofer setup I already have so I can use them as speakers in the eventual sound system.

In another part of the house, I also have a turntable with a line out, line in, and internal speakers that I want to be able to use with Sonos, too.

Do I need to buy a second Port the turntable, or is there a cheaper way to plug it into the Sonos system? Buying a second $450 device just to plug another non-Sonos device into the system seems excessive.

Ideally, there’d be a cheap solution that just plugged into my turntable and sent the signal directly to the Sonos app, which could then send the signal to whatever zone I wanted it to play in, but I don’t see anything else capable of doing this besides the Port.

The only workaround I’ve thought of is finding a Bluetooth device that plugs into the line out and connects to Sonos, but that seems too complicated.

Another potential solution: I plan to eventually get more Sonos speakers anyway. Are there any speakers that I can plug into the turntable that would do this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @seancurry1.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand you wanted to connect a traditional turntable to your Sonos ecosystem. Let me help you out with that.

What you would need is either a Sonos FiveA Sonos Port, or a Sonos Amp. These Sonos devices have a line-in port feature that would allow you to integrate your turntable into your Sonos system. Let me share with you a topic here in the community that discussed more details about integrating a turntable to Sonos.

I hope this helps.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,