Answered

Connect: Amp + Russsound Amp + In-ceiling Polk 6.5"

I have an existing six channel Russound Amp supporting six different rooms with in-ceiling Polk 6.5" speakers. Would a Connect: Amp connected to the Russound Amp via Coax give me the ability to stream via the Sonos App? I assume I wouldn't be able to switch rooms, but was curious about being able to control via my mobile device versus wired aux cord device (phone, cd, record, etc.)?

Basically, I'm trying to figure out if I can get by with one Amp, whether it is the Connect: Amp or newer Amp and essentially connect to my existing setup? The other option is to purchase 6 Amps and replace the Russound, but keep the Polk. Obviously, this would be much pricier but give me the room channels and better sound experience.

Appreciate any insight or guidance.

Thank you.
icon

Best answer by melvimbe 2 April 2019, 14:55

The Connect is the product you're looking for, not the Connect:amp. And yes you'd be able to stream through Sonos, and as you assumed, you would not have individual control over streaming source and volume for each room using the Sonos app.
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
The Connect is the product you're looking for, not the Connect:amp. And yes you'd be able to stream through Sonos, and as you assumed, you would not have individual control over streaming source and volume for each room using the Sonos app.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings