Answered

Can the Sonos In-Celling Speakers Be Used As In-Wall Speakers?

• 24 January 2022
  • 2 replies

For my future basement renovations i’m thinking if I have left over budget in the project to buy some in-celling speakers and in-wall speakers but, I like the aesthetics of the in-celling speakers better so will the sound be compromised and not being tuned correctly beacuse they were designed differently verses in-wall + in-celling speakers?

I could have all the speakers be celling but people say that sounds less room-filling than having celling and wall speakers.

My current plan is to have a pair in-celling, pair in-wall, and a sonos beam.

icon

Best answer by buzz 24 January 2022, 01:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

‘Ceiling’ speakers tend to be round while ‘wall’ speakers tend to be rectangular, otherwise there is not much difference -- however, ceiling speakers tend to be deeper than wall speakers and the ceiling speakers may not fit inside the wall.

Userlevel 7

Do you plan on using the in-ceiling or in-wall speakers as surrounds for the Beam? If so, you can only add one pair of speakers as surrounds to the Beam. The other pair can only be grouped with the Beam home theater setup. The grouped speakers will have a slight audio delay when listening to TV audio. Music will be in sync though.