Question

Can Sonos implement customers good ideas more quickly!

Userlevel 3
There are so many good ideas on here that have been "under consideration" for months sometimes years. My idea is that Sonos become more decisive, take on some more engineers and get a move on and turn a good system into something totally amazing. Preferably before I die. 😛

148 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
He he +1
+1 I'm in favour
+1 here I'm all for this please
Userlevel 1
+1, too.
Userlevel 3
He he +1
You need to click +1 for them to take any notice! Come on let's get this to number 1!
Userlevel 3
+1 I'm in favour
You need to click +1 for them to take any notice! Come on let's get this to number 1!
getsatisfaction was a great idea, so many ideas from customers too, look forward to seeing them materialize!
+1. We are huge fans and great ADVOCATES of Sonos. From a marketing perspective, surely a loyal customer base is a huge asset. It would be very unwise (IMHO) of Sonos to shift us from the "advocate" end of this marketing continuum to the "terrorist" end.
So many good ideas and all of them should be implemented instantly! I mean Sonos have unlimited resources right?
Userlevel 3
So many good ideas and all of them should be implemented instantly! I mean Sonos have unlimited resources right?
Not instantly... but for example some basic features which would be trivial to implement (such as password protecting zones so my kids can't turn on each others speakers, adding volume limits, pausing when muting) have been suggested a long long time ago... and nothing seems to get done... Complacency is what drove me to create this topic. Sonos certainly invested in the original product but I don't feel they are keeping up with Customers expectations.
Userlevel 1
I wish we, the customers, had more visibility into what features are coming down the pipe based on our "suggestions."
It is interesting to note that the Roku App can distinguish between multiple Rokus in multiple locations. Please implement this feature.
I, as a fellow developer, know that it can sometimes be hard following up on the many feature requests from clients and end customers, exactly because it can be overwhelming at times. At other times the amount of bad thought out ideas is extreme and you can't find the time to answer them. But when you actually label an idea as under consideration, there should be taken a kind of action within a few months. Feedback to the community especially is important, no matter what the action will be. We are giving great (and not so great) ideas, to improve the quality of your products. All we expect is a little feedback from time to time on the ideas that you label as under consideration.
Userlevel 3
Exactly... They need to be more engaging.
It's been under consideration for a long time with no feedback. I would like to at least hear we have looked at this and it's --- 1 Not worth the effort 2 Too difficult 3 Not enough people care about this for us to bother
Userlevel 1
I think it is amazing that a company that is clearly the leader in a market segment is not doing more to assure that they remain ahead of any possible competition. Sonos can own this market for a long time, but the way they are going, somebody is going to outclass them within a few years. Get on it, Sonos, or you are going to lose your market position.
Userlevel 2
No communication? Is Sonos taking lessons from Logitech?
Userlevel 3
Exactly
Userlevel 1
I have seen offers from several Microsoft techs to assist in the development of an app for Windows 8 Metro UI. Sonos needs to become more customer focused and keep their products up to date with the newer technologies. Also some feedback indicating a modicum of interest in solving this issue would be great.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
DTS please. Faster. 🙂
Userlevel 3
Wow climbed up to page 2 of the ideas list in just a few hours.... It seems I'm not the only frustrated customer... Thanks for your support everyone let's see if we can make it to top and get management to take notice that users do not like complacency!
Is this idea under consideration yet?
Userlevel 2
Badge
+1 especially the one about restricting access to certain zones!
Userlevel 3
+1 especially the one about restricting access to certain zones!
I know that is such a no brainer... can't quite understand why it didn't make it into the original product spec!
more customer focus towards new ideas....hmmm what an idea, do what your customers which, the best way to ensure market growth, retention and margin. I know what I would do, specifically in a world where innovation happens quickly and customers jump ship if not tied to an eco-system...

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings