Answered

Can Sonance speakers be set to Mono?

• 17 December 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

If I buy the Sonance ceiling speakers to use in my kitchen and connect them to the Sonos AMP do they have to play in a left/right stereo pair configuration or can they be configured to provide a mono type output similar to a single stereo speaker?  I cannot place the speakers such that the listening positions will be right for a stereo pair output.  I could use a couple of single stereo speakers but I have a slopped ceiling and I don’t see that any of those have pivoting tweeters.   

icon

Best answer by Ryan S 21 December 2019, 02:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hi Kevin C, any speakers connected to the Sonos Amp can be configured for Mono in the Amp’s settings. For details on the Dual Mono mode, check out this article. The Sonos Architectural speakers by Sonance are compatible with this dual mono mode.

Can you use a Sonos amp with a single Sonos in ceiling speaker on mono mode?

i have existing single cable runs to 2 rooms that I would like controlled independent of one another through using two amps 

Hello TheJoshHarding

Thank you for reaching out to the Sonos Community.

I believe the feature that you are referring to is Dual Mono. Dual Mono is more for the outdoor speakers so it is possible that if you use the in-ceiling speakers then you may experience a audio quality issue but it should work.

For more information about Dual Mono mode: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3626.