Answered

Can I use 1 Sonos Connect for 2 separate audio systems?

• 17 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Now that my son has moved out, I am converting his bedroom to a music room (current using my family room).  I am using a sonus connect s15 to stream music from my MAC to my preamp.  I want to still be able to listen to music in my family room using Headphones through a dedicated headphone amp.  So my question is once I locate my audio equipment down stairs to my new music room, is there any way to use the Sonus to stream music to my headphone amp in the family room?  Or do I have to by another Sonus connect?

Thanks in advance...

icon

Best answer by ratty 17 January 2021, 19:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

To avoid having to buy a second Port or Connect you’d need to run a long cable (not advisable) or use wireless. Presumably the headphones are wired, otherwise you could hook a wireless transmitter directly to the existing Connect.  

There are one or two options for wireless to a wired headphone amp, including a Bluetooth aptX-HD transmitter/receiver pair or Audioengine’s W3 adapters. 

By the way it’s Sonos. Sonus (Faber) make conventional high-end loudspeakers. 

Thanks for the help yes I am using wired headphones, yep its Sonos…

What are the headphones and headphone amp? If they’re halfway decent I’d prefer to connect them directly to a Port. 

Audeze LCD-4 and Bryston BHA-1. I just order a Audioengine B1 Bluetooth Music Receiver with 5.0 aptX HD, Extended Range and High Fidelity 24 bit DAC, Optical: Electronic, thank you for your help...