Answered

Can a playbar be used as rear speakers for an Arc?

• 29 July 2020
  • 3 replies

I have a Sonos Playbar which I only purchased a couple of months ago. I now want more surround sound and to upgrade my music capability. If I buy a Sonos Arc can I relegate the Playbar to the rear of the room as rear speakers for my home theatre?, will that work in conjunction with the ARC and/or is there a better solution? I don’t want to spend more than about $1,500 to upgrade ATM.

icon

Best answer by bockersjv 29 July 2020, 10:44

No you can’t.  This will not work.

You could buy 2xSonos SL’s to provide surround to your playbar, or even the ikea bookshelf speakers.

Do you have a sub?  That would be the first upgrade to a Playbar for me, then the surrounds and then maybe in the future I’d go for the Arc, but only if i had a compatibl eArc TV.

Alternatively buy the Arc, sell the playbar and buy two One SLs with the proceeds.  Then later get a Sub

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

No you can’t.  This will not work.

You could buy 2xSonos SL’s to provide surround to your playbar, or even the ikea bookshelf speakers.

Do you have a sub?  That would be the first upgrade to a Playbar for me, then the surrounds and then maybe in the future I’d go for the Arc, but only if i had a compatibl eArc TV.

Alternatively buy the Arc, sell the playbar and buy two One SLs with the proceeds.  Then later get a Sub

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @MJR28.com, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. Regarding your question about the Sonos Playbar as rear speakers for the Sonos Arc. I agree with @bockersjv, It will not be possible. for more information on Home Theater setup to TV on Sonos, you may click on this link for reference. 

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Well I got the Arc and put it under the TV and put a Five on the other side of the room. On each side of the room I put a One. It sounds awesome. I moved the Playbar down to the bedroom. Pretty happy with it all. My next purchase will probably be the Sub but I’ve gotta say that the music in the longeroom is already sounding like a concert hall.