Question

Building new house and want to plan for adding Sonos throughout

• 26 January 2018
  • 1 reply

Hi all, We are about to build a new house and will be finalizing the electrical plan soon. I currently only have a Play 1 but am planning to add to it over the next few months and want to ensure I consider what wiring is required for the house build.
I can't just go out and buy everything as am on a budget so wondering if you could advise what sort of a setup I could achieve for under $1000.
I'm building a double storey house, living downstairs with open plan and outdoor entertaining area with pool. The downstairs living area is the main area I'm interested in linking with Sonos.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

The thing to do at this time is to run ethernet cables to every room from a central place where the router will reside, so as to have a ethernet jack or two in each room. That backbone will be useful more than just audio/music.

The other thing to do is to run speaker cable of adequate thickness to where speakers can be placed for outdoor entertaining, running back to a place indoors where an amp can be placed. Ditto if you wish to have ceiling speakers in any part of the home.