Question

Building my house with Sonos

• 2 February 2018
  • 1 reply

I'm currently weighing my options with Sonos for my new house. Here are my details.
We will have a main room that is 43' x 22' with a 18.3' vaulted ceiling stretching the entire room. One end of the room is the fireplace with the TV over it. There are 6 foot wide book shelves framing each side of the fireplace. The middle of the room is our dining room table. The other end of the room is our kitchen. The entire one side of the room has 4 french doors that open up to a large 36' x 16' covered deck. The covered deck will have an outdoor fireplace.

I'm thinking a playbar hooked up to the TV in the main room over the fireplace. And then have two play 5's either in the kitchen facing towards the TV or on the bookshelves next to the fireplace facing out from the TV. I would have them in stereo but should they be incorporated with surround sound with the Playbar? Think they'll be too far back if they're in the kitchen to be surround sound?

For the outdoor fireplace TV I'm wondering if a playbar would work? This area will not be subject to any direct rain.
I would then have a One in each bedroom and our master bath.

Keep in mind our house just got under roof and we're still wiring, plumbing, and everything else left. So we will not be moving into this house until June/July at the earliest. So I have time.

Thoughts?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +14
Outdoors: I've never had a Playbar, but AFAIK, it has no moisture resistance built in - I wouldn't recommend it.
Indoors: You're probably stretching the capabilities of those three speakers to fill that space. It will be fine in the living room, definitely fine in the kitchen, dining room will likely be suitable only for ambient, background music. However, the online site has a great return policy, and you'll only know if you test it.