Boronze Audio C150 with a pait of BA50’s and sonos amp

• 10 November 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge

I already have a pair of Bronze Audio 50 speakers hooked up to my sonos amp with the hdmi arc connected to my TV. I’m considering picking up a central speaker, the BA C150. Is it possible to connect this to the amp also, and can anyone see a benefit to the setup or drawbacks?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Given I have the Sonos Amp. For best results will I need to physically connect the Sub woofer into the back of the Amp. Or will it be ok to place wirelessly?

The Sonos Amp will auto-communicate ‘direct’ with the ‘bonded’ Sub. It’s usually easier/best to let it do that using the built-in 5Ghz ad-hoc wireless adapter connection, rather than wiring things via the LAN. 

Userlevel 7

Your best options would be either adding a Sonos Sub and/or adding a second Amp and two passive rear surround speakers like I mentioned above. Since you have a turntable, adding a Sonos sound bar like an Arc or Beam is not a good option unless you are willing to purchase another Sonos device with Line In like a Port or Five. When you use the Amp as surrounds, it disables Line In.

Badge

Thank you so much.  A-lot to think about. Sonos has been great. It’s been a great gateway back into the hobby. 

Userlevel 7

The Amp doesn’t have a separate connection for a center channel speaker. It only has left and right channel speaker connections and a subwoofer output. In a home theater setup with the Amp, you can only achieve a 2.1 setup with a phantom center channel. With a second Amp you can add two surround speakers for a 4.1 setup.

Badge

I think the sub sounds like a good idea. I use the current up to obvs listen to by vinyl, streaming Spotify and tv.  It a big living room. Only 16ft by 11ft. 

Badge

Given I have the Sonos Amp. For best results will I need to physically connect the Sub woofer into the back of the Amp. Or will it be ok to place wirelessly?

Badge

So currently, my amp has the hdmi arc connected to 

y smart tv. A Bronze 50 connected to the left and right channel, and my Marantz turntable with inbuilt preamp also connected to the amp. 
ti enhance this setup what are my best options? A Beam/subwoofer?