Black Friday Deals

• 16 November 2017
  • 47 replies

Does anyone know of any black friday deals coming up on play 1s or 3s? If so where?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

47 replies

Badge +2
As much as I hate to promote them, because I refuse to shop there due to their terrible customer service, Best Buy is running some deals. Looks like Play:1s are $149 and Playbar is $599.
Userlevel 3
Badge +9
I think Sonos themselves have offered some Black Friday specials. I'm anxiously awaiting someone to drop their Play:1 prices to $150 so I can pick up a couple.
Badge +2
What are the Sonos Black Friday specials? I'm about to place an order in preparation for hosting Thanksgiving, but I don't want to jump the gun and miss out on some Black Friday deals.
Like I said, Best Buy is doing $149 Play:1s on Black Friday, so there's the price point you're looking for.
Yea, I think Sonos only like Amazon, Apple, and others, only allow manufacturer sales. Meaning that whenever there is a sale, it's a sale Sonos signsoff on and will be on sale everywhere it's sold.
Userlevel 3
Badge +9
What are the Sonos Black Friday specials? I'm about to place an order in preparation for hosting Thanksgiving, but I don't want to jump the gun and miss out on some Black Friday deals.
Like I said, Best Buy is doing $149 Play:1s on Black Friday, so there's the price point you're looking for.

I've heard that Best Buy may honor their BF prices if you were to buy something now at a higher price once they lower their prices. But that would mean a trip to BB on BF. This may not be 100% true but a few people on Reddit supported the information.
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
As much as I hate to promote them, because I refuse to shop there due to their terrible customer service, Best Buy is running some deals. Looks like Play:1s are $149 and Playbar is $599.

May I ask where you got this information? I can't find it anywhere, and the people I've spoken to at Best Buy have no information on Sonos deals.
Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I've heard that Best Buy may honor their BF prices if you were to buy something now at a higher price once they lower their prices. But that would mean a trip to BB on BF. This may not be 100% true but a few people on Reddit supported the information.

I'm not buying this information at all. Pardon the pun! I just picked up a 5.1 system last week and several Best Buy employees told me the CANNOT price match their Black Friday prices (if any Sonos products are on sale) for anything purchased right now.
Userlevel 3
Badge +9

May I ask where you got this information? I can't find it anywhere, and the people I've spoken to at Best Buy have no information on Sonos deals.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/black-friday/sale-ad/?category=doorbusters
Badge +2

It's in the Black Friday ad on the Best Buy website: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/black-friday/sale-ad/?category=tv+amp+home+theater3
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
Cool. Thanks, guys! That ad is so huge, I never bothered to look that deep into it to see anything from Sonos. 😃
Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I'm not buying this information at all. Pardon the pun! I just picked up a 5.1 system last week and several Best Buy employees told me the CANNOT price match their Black Friday prices (if any Sonos products are on sale) for anything purchased right now.

Yeah it's not a gamble I'm willing to take. I can't find the post again so take it with a grain of salt.
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
You couldn't PAY me to go to Best Buy on Black Friday, but I've gotta believe there won't be any Play 1's left after that day. The ad says those prices are good for the whole weekend. So I'm wondering if I could still purchase some for $150, and get them shipped? Hmmm....
Userlevel 3
Badge +9
That's what I plan on trying. And if BB doesn't have them to ship, I'm sure Amazon will and at the same price. I'm not worried about availability. I'm just getting impatient waiting for BF to arrive. BB has been selling some items at BF prices ahead of time but so far Sonos hasn't been one of the brands.
The Sonos items are not 'doorbusters' and I'd be surprised if they can't be purchased from Best Buy online. In fact, on the page of the ad where Sonos is listed, Best Buy says it's Free Shipping. I don't know why there would be free shipping if you can only get it from the store.

As well, last year, the prices for Sonos lasted beyond black Friday, or just that weekend, if I remembered correctly. I bought 2 Play:1s a few days after BF last year, and had no issue finding stock. Doesn't mean that it will be that way this year.

The main point is, I don't think you're going to have to get crazy to get Sonos at the BF prices. I actually would image that the Sonos One may be harder to find, even at full price,
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
If I can purchase them online for $150 and free shipping, I'll definitely go that route and order 8 of them. It'll be like a 'Buy 6, Get 2 Free' sale. I'm only a month in to the Sonos ecosystem, so I've still got a couple weeks left to return everything I've got so far. I've already returned my ONEs and replaced them with Dots because they don't do 'Everything Alexa Does', like Sonos first claimed. I've been watching the Play 1 price on Amazon everyday, and getting credit from Best Buy when it's cheaper than what I paid for my Play 1s. Holy crap, those things have changed in price 4 or 5 times in the past 24 hours. I could go to Best Buy to get a credit on my Play 1's, but the dang price may be higher by the time I get there. It's ridiculous! Hopefully we can get the $150 price online for them.
Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Yeah it's not a gamble I'm willing to take. I can't find the post again so take it with a grain of salt.

I just read the "fine print" on the Best Buy Black Friday ad, and it basically says they won't be beat on price, BUT.......exclusions apply to items for sale on Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. Heck with it. I'll just return my stuff and rebuy it to save about $500!
FYI crutchfield has sonos all over their Black Friday sale page too. I was assured my Items that just arrived today will be price adjusted if I call them up during the Black Friday sale. Crutcchfield is much better about these things imo
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
FYI crutchfield has sonos all over their Black Friday sale page too. I was assured my Items that just arrived today will be price adjusted if I call them up during the Black Friday sale. Crutcchfield is much better about these things imo

I just scoured the entire Crutchfield website, and there are NO Sonos speakers anywhere under their Black Friday page. Can you post a link where you saw this?

I just scoured the entire Crutchfield website, and there are NO Sonos speakers anywhere under their Black Friday page. Can you post a link where you saw this?

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-i9rthmScuD2/campaigns/blackfridaypreview.aspx

It's their preview page. It was linked from their homepage earlier today but the link is still live.
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
Thank you, Sir! That's awesome that they'll give you credit if you call. Personally, it's in Best Buy's best interest to do the same for me, but I'm thinking they won't. When you think about it, it's WAY easier (and it makes a lot more sense) to just credit my Best Buy card for the difference in price for the items I've purchased over the past few weeks, instead of making me return and repurchase them. Then they've got a bunch of "open box" items to deal with. I'm gonna stop in there tomorrow and talk to a manager and see what they tell me. Thanks again!
Badge +3
I haven't seen anywhere with the sub on sale for black friday. I have noticed a few stores like BB and crutchfield that have play 1 3 5 bar and base on sale no sub anywhere. I currently have a 5.1 and just bought a playbar and a couple 1s...I am about to buy the sub but id hate to see if 100 cheaper in a few days....anyone got some inside scoop on this?
If you're gonna buy a sub, just buy it on crutchfield. They'll price match a competitor within 60 days or so as they know you can just return it. Hell save the box. If it goes on sale it will only be short term and next week anyway so you can always just hold off
Badge +3
Patience isn't my strong suit:) would sonos price match is I just ordered it from here and they dropped the price next week?
Honestly, I think any company with a return policy that favors the customer would eventually be able to get someone on the phone to offer the adjustment as opposed to dealing with a return. Some companies just make it easier to reach the person empowered to make it happen.

Worst to worse, order the sale item and return the one you have. Depending on your credit card, some offer adjustments there too but that might be a more lengthy call. Luckily sonos sales are real sales and not limited quantity doorbusters or anything typically excluded from price match policies.
Badge +3
all great points. I ve had to call sonos support once in the past and i was kinda shocked. Talked to 1 person and they were very smart and nice. Solved my issue that I thought would take quite awhile in about 5 minutes. Im gonna place my order here, thanks for the responses!