Big garage - What do I buy?

• 23 January 2018
  • 5 replies

Hi guys,

I already own a Play 3 and I'm really happy with it.
Now I want to put a nice Audio system into my garage. It's quite big, 30x30 meters.
I'm really not sure what to buy.
The only thing I'm sure about is the Subwoofer.

Is it recommendable to only use the same models in one room? Or can I for example put one Play5 and two Play1?
I was planning to get 4 Play1's (one for each corner) but I'm not sure if they will be strong enough for the big room.
It's a garage but also partly an entertainment room, so there will be a lot of music.
I do not use the boxes for watching movies or something like that. So I don't need surround sound, just music in the whole room.
Are there any recommendations on room sizes and what box to get?
I find it really hard to decide whether to put two Play1's or one Play3...

I guess I will put a CAT5 cable to one box and connect the other ones via Wi-Fi. Or is it recommendable to control all of them via cable if possible?

Thanks in advance!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I would probably put 4 Play:3s (that is a big area). The Play:3 to me in a corner gets some pretty decent low end.

If after you put all 4 Play:3s in you decide you need a little extra bass - then you could go subwoofer. But I would try those 4 first.

I have two play:3s in my standard 3 car garage - which is like 12 meters x 10 meters and I would say those two play:3s work well for that area. So with the area your talking being over double that size I think 4 play:3s is warranted. I don't think 4 play:1s would give you enough low end sound.
I would probably put 4 Play:3s (that is a big area). The Play:3 to me in a corner gets some pretty decent low end.

If after you put all 4 Play:3s in you decide you need a little extra bass - then you could go subwoofer. But I would try those 4 first.

I have two play:3s in my standard 3 car garage - which is like 12 meters x 10 meters and I would say those two play:3s work well for that area. So with the area your talking being over double that size I think 4 play:3s is warranted. I don't think 4 play:1s would give you enough low end sound.

Hi Chris, thanks for the quick answer!

How about 2 Play 5's instead of 4 Play3's?
Any downsides to that? Well they wouldn't be installed in the corners, is that a problem?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
That's a large area - I think the 4 play:3s would just be more balanced and I like them in corners.
Sound good, thank you very much!
There are a couple of way to set them up; as two stereo pairs, grouped together, or as four independent speakers, again grouped together. Easy to see what sounds best to you and once selected, run Trueplay on them. Two or four times based on your choice of set up.