Best way to connect HDMI cables?

• 27 August 2018
  • 0 replies

I'm thinking about purchasing a Sonos Beam and I know that this has a HDMI port which can be connected to the HDMI ARC on my TV. Obviously any other devices I own (Xbox One and Firestick) will then have to connect to the other HDMI ports on my TV.

My question is, what difference does it make connecting devices directly to a TV vs a sound bar? Is there any difference? For example, the other contender for purchase is the Yamaha YSP-2700. This has 4 HDMI ports so in this instance I could connect my Xbox and Firestick directly to this device OR my TV. What are the pros and cons of either method? I just want to be clear about this before I spend money on something that forces me to connect to the TV via HDMI.

Also, what are people's opinion on either device? WhatHiFi has the Beam as the best under £500 and the YSP-2700 as the best under £750. I don't yet own any Sonos devices but I will also get a Sonos Play 1 for my dining room with a view to adding another. It isn't impossible to think that I might also add 2 play 1s eventually as rear speakers in my living room if I went for the Beam. Thanks in advance!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.