Answered

Best Tv to connect to Move??

• 27 June 2020
  • 8 replies

Im trying to research which tv to buy. Any TV recommendations  for a smooth bluetooth connection to a Move? Im partial to Samsung Smart TV currently but i want to make sure my Move connects to my new TV. Thanks so much. 

icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 28 June 2020, 01:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @BNX.

Welcome to the community and thanks for sharing your thoughts on this.

As I have mentioned previously, I will be sending this to our engineering team to take a look into as this is currently not yet a recommended set up and we have no articles confirming this particular situation.

Hi @Chambro.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us.

The Sonos Move was made as a Music Speaker capable of connecting to either the Internet via a wireless connection or via Bluetooth mode. It is good news to us that there are third-party sources that are capable of connecting to the Sonso Move via its Bluetooth capabilities making the Sonos Move act as a basic home theater speaker such as what was mentioned by other members of the community. Allow me to send this to our engineering team so they can definitely check out some feedback about first-hand experiences when it comes to the Sonos Move’s Bluetooth connection. I would like to suggest subscribing to this thread and to our announcement topic for any official feature releases and updates.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

We can always reach out to other members of the community to check their feedback and recommendation on this particular functionality. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Chambro.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us.

The Sonos Move was made as a Music Speaker capable of connecting to either the Internet via a wireless connection or via Bluetooth mode. It is good news to us that there are third-party sources that are capable of connecting to the Sonso Move via its Bluetooth capabilities making the Sonos Move act as a basic home theater speaker such as what was mentioned by other members of the community. Allow me to send this to our engineering team so they can definitely check out some feedback about first-hand experiences when it comes to the Sonos Move’s Bluetooth connection. I would like to suggest subscribing to this thread and to our announcement topic for any official feature releases and updates.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

I have an LG CX and a Move connected via Bluetooth. It’s been a nice surprise, with great detail and a nice bottom end. For the money, I think it’s hard to beat. I expect any tv that works with Bluetooth headphones will work with the Move. 

One feature of the LG doesn’t work, though. LG has a setting to make a pseudo surround system with the built in speakers and a Bluetooth device. When I activate that, the Move disconnects. If anyone knows how to make that work, I’d be appreciative. 

Fascinating. Makes more sense to be proprietary, they can modify the BT signal to ensure they both know the speed of processing, and perhaps do some sort of sync signal. Thanks for the additional information. 

Userlevel 7

@Airgetlam @Chambro 

After reading more about my LG and Bluetooth (BT) speakers it appears that LG has a proprietary BT codec named LG Sync. That said sending a BT signal to any BT speaker may not be possible unless they are LG compatible. 

However, even if the Move would connect I don’t believe it to be a suitable speaker.

Fascinating. This is the first I’ve heard of a TV that claims to be able to send to Bluetooth speakers. Wonder how they adjust for signal processing speed on the speakers. 

Userlevel 7

Hi @Chambro 

Whether or not the Move will connect to your TV via Bluetooth really depends on the TV manufacturer. I just purchased a 2020 LG Nanocell 90 Series that claims it can send audio to Bluetooth speakers. I haven’t tested it with my Move(s) as I have no intention to use one as a speaker for my TV.

Even if possible there are other considerations…

1. Only one Move could be paired as two Moves can not be placed in stereo pair over Bluetooth
  2. Also the TV would have to conform to the Bluetooth codecs acceptable to the Move as shown in this link.

Cheers!

I don’t think any TV sends a Bluetooth signal to connect speakers to. I’m not even sure that many TVs can receive a Bluetooth signal, save the one some use for their remote controls.