Question

Best 3rd party outdoor speaker for new amp

• 23 July 2019
  • 5 replies

I would like to ask you which outdoor speakers do you recommend for a small patio/pool 380 sqft.
Im thinking on buying at the beginning a pair of Klipsch AW-650 and in the future increase the setup to 4.
Any comments about these Klipsch and the Sonos AMP? or is there any recommendation of a different brand/model of speakers?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Jorge

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I'd say that that's a pretty decent option to go with. You can spend more for sure, but that's about what I'd want to spend on outdoor myself. I imagine you'll probably find that a single pair is enough to cover that space, assuming that it's relatively close to square.
Userlevel 7
Hi yorch82

I agree with melvimbe. However, since you asked for recommendations here's an option; albeit more expensive...

Sonance Outdoor Speakers with Sonos Amp: https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/amp-and-outdoor-set.html

The upside is that you can expand to 3 pairs or 6 speakers. Only four with 3rd party.

Just, FYI. Cheers!
I'd say that that's a pretty decent option to go with. You can spend more for sure, but that's about what I'd want to spend on outdoor myself. I imagine you'll probably find that a single pair is enough to cover that space, assuming that it's relatively close to square.

Thanks for your comment, and Yes it is pretty much a square, let`s start with these 2 speakers.
Hi yorch82

I agree with melvimbe. However, since you asked for recommendations here's an option; albeit more expensive...

Sonance Outdoor Speakers with Sonos Amp: https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/amp-and-outdoor-set.html

The upside is that you can expand to 3 pairs or 6 speakers. Only four with 3rd party.

Just, FYI. Cheers!

Thanks I've seen the Sonance and yes, these are 2 times more expensive, I know that I can go up to 6 speakers instead of 4, but in the other side, the patio is not that large for needing 6

I have seen also some other options such as Polk Atrium 6 or 8 or even some less expensive as Yamaha or JBL, what do you think about these options?

Thanks again for the comment.
Userlevel 7
Thanks I've seen the Sonance and yes, these are 2 times more expensive, I know that I can go up to 6 speakers instead of 4, but in the other side, the patio is not that large for needing 6

I have seen also some other options such as Polk Atrium 6 or 8 or even some less expensive as Yamaha or JBL, what do you think about these options?

I think you're good with Klipsch AW-650's. One can always find more options some better and some not. In the end you have to make a decision and IMO second guessing one's self is not a good path to go down. I just wanted to make sure you were aware of the Sonance with Sonos Amp option.

Cheers!