Beam or not to Beam

• 6 December 2018
  • 1 reply

Hi, I'm thinking of buying a Beam to go with the telly and have 2 x sonos play 1's at the rear to create a bit of a home theatre. We currently has the sonos play 1's for music. I can't afford the sub yet. Thing is we currently have a wired Samsung PS-DC2 system. This has a sub on it and the sound is OK. I'm being a typical woman and want to get rid of the wires.

Question is will we notice much of a drop in quality from the Samsung. We've had it ages so is quite old. I like the idea of sticking with Sonos and the beam has Alexa which we also use and like. Should say our living room where this is going is not massive about 4 meters x 3 meters

Any comments gratefully received.
Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi janeyanne

Here's my opinion on the Beam in the link. The part where I speak to a room the size of a bedroom or slightly larger may be similar to your environment. The Beam will not make up for the low-end you currently get with your present sound system and sub.

https://en.community.sonos.com/wireless-speakers-228992/beam-vs-playbar-playbase-my-opinion-6814520

Cheers!