Question

Back order and pre order items- No charge or order confirmation

Hi All,

I bought a few items on Friday all of which are either on back order or pre order. I understand that I may not be charged right now until they ship, but I also did not even receive an order confirmation email. As you can imagine, this is concerning, but I think Sonos must have gotten my order since they charged my card $1.00.

Is this normal?

I have tried calling the line and spent a cumulative 2 hours on hold. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Userlevel 1

@Airgetlam, thanks for letting me know.

Ryan S is no longer with the team.

Userlevel 1

Hello,

So I am glad to see I am not the only one. I placed an order on June 23rd and received a confirmation email. Had the $1 pending charge on my card for a while which eventually dropped off. But nothing to indicate my order isn’t going through. However, I cannot find the order in my sonos account and so have no clue where it currently stands. When I ordered the email said the first part is on back order and should ship today (July 7th). Am eager to find out if that is the case.

One complication is that immediately after submitting my order I did make a change using the provided link. it was a simple name change (I somehow stupidly spelled my last name wrong. Duh). I don’t think that would have screwed anything up but who knows. I have tried calling sales but after spending an hour on hold (twice) i have decided to wait a bit longer before calling again.

Anyway, eagerly awaiting confirmation that my order is shipping soon. 

Thanks

Dave

PS @Ryan S if you are willing to check my status I can send you my order number. Thanks. 

@nnair1021, I checked and found your order in the system. As you know, there’s the backlog, but as soon as it’s ready to ship you should be charged for the order and get tracking information when it goes out. If you’d like the order number, go ahead and send me a private message and I’ll let you know what it is.

@Ryan_B, there’s no order under the email that you’re using here that I can find in the system, but if it’s under a different email, feel free to send me a private message and I’ll check it out. If you happen to have the order number, I can look up the status for you. 

Thanks @Ryan S  - sent you a PM with details.

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

@nnair1021, I checked and found your order in the system. As you know, there’s the backlog, but as soon as it’s ready to ship you should be charged for the order and get tracking information when it goes out. If you’d like the order number, go ahead and send me a private message and I’ll let you know what it is.

@Ryan_B, there’s no order under the email that you’re using here that I can find in the system, but if it’s under a different email, feel free to send me a private message and I’ll check it out. If you happen to have the order number, I can look up the status for you. 

I appreciate this is no consolation at all, but my pre-order that I placed in May for early June went through smoothly and without a hitch, Goods were dispatched on the 8th and arrived promptly on June 10th, so I though it only fair to share my experience. 

I’m based in the U.K. so not sure if that has any bearing on the matter? My products came from Hilversum, Netherlands.

*UPDATE*

This time I was able to stay on hold for over 45 minutes. A sales rep got on the line and re-sent my order confirmation email. For the record, I never received this email at first. I asked the rep if they have heard of this issue before and he said that he had heard it a couple of times, so this is not a one off experience. Good luck all… unfortunately the solution if you have a case like mine is to hang on the sales line and get someone on the phone. It might be awhile so be patient. 

I assume you checked your spam folder for their email... anyhow perhaps follow this LINK (24/7 Sonos Customer Care) and see if you can contact them and get confirmation/peace of mind.

Thanks, I did chat with someone through the Customer Care but they told me to call and I’m tired of listening to that ring back tone ha… it’s not in my spam either. I’m hanging on to hope since they charged me $1. 

Really at a loss on what to do from here. THank you for your reply and trying to help

Sonos must be a hot mess right now.  I pre-ordered an ARC Home Theater back in May with a quoted delivery date of June 15th.  Got a confirmation email and that was the last time I heard from anyone at Sonos.

Never received a shipping confirmation, never received the $2,000 worth of equipment I ordered.

Emailed support.  No response.

Used Sonos chat only to be told I needed to call sales.

Called, waiting on hold for an hour only to be told there was a billing issue with the card I gave them.  Easy enough to fix, right?  Just give them updated card information and away we go.  NOPE!!!  Sales can’t do that. 

Sonos solution?  Cancel the order and re-order for a delivery sometime in JUNE OR AUGUST!  I asked to speak to a manager.  The manager was in a meeting and said they can give me a 10% for the inconvenience.

How the hell is that supposed to make things right?  I have an entire room renovation going on and am waiting to received the units to run in wall wiring.

I asked for the manger’s email information and sent him details of my case.  (Doubt I’ll ever hear back from him either).

It just seems that no one in Sonos customer service gives a rip.

So good luck! You’ll need it.

BTW if anyone from Sonos reads this and actually cares to do something, feel free to contact me.

At this point, I’m so perturbed I’m really close to just saying nevermind, selling off all my other Sonos speakers and buying Bose.

….so good luck buddy!!!

That’s okay. 👍

It all sounds okay to me, as I had a similar initial charge during my earlier pre-order and it then disappeared and no money was then taken from my account until the item was dispatched. I can’t recall when the ‘order’ appeared in my orders-list online, so I don’t think that’s anything to be concerned about, but maybe fire off an email to them and sit back and wait for a reply.

I assume you checked your spam folder for their email... anyhow perhaps follow this LINK (24/7 Sonos Customer Care) and see if you can contact them and get confirmation/peace of mind.

Thanks, I did chat with someone through the Customer Care but they told me to call and I’m tired of listening to that ring back tone ha… it’s not in my spam either. I’m hanging on to hope since they charged me $1. 

Really at a loss on what to do from here. THank you for your reply and trying to help

I assume you checked your spam folder for their email... anyhow perhaps follow this LINK (24/7 Sonos Customer Care) and see if you can contact them and get confirmation/peace of mind that way.

Do you not see the placed order in your online sonos account?

go here:

https://www.sonos.com/myaccount/orders/

It’s not there either

Do you not see the placed order in your online sonos account?

go here:

https://www.sonos.com/myaccount/orders/