Answered

Arc vs Play Five

• 8 August 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi!

So I currently have a Sonos Surround set up for my tv in the living room, consisting of two One SLs, Arc, and a Sub, which are great. 

But I was thinking that maybe it would be beneficial to purchase a single Play Five (pared with my Sub) to use strictly for music in that same room.

Mind you I live in a one bedroom apartment In Charlotte, NC. It’s not a closet by any means. It’s an average size for an apartment in NC at the price I pay, which is a little over 1000.

Is that practical? Does it make sense to have a Play 5 to use strictly for music playback while the surround system is dedicated to tv and movies?

I would also like to hook a Play Five up to a CD Player in the near future via Line In. 

icon

Best answer by Paul A 8 August 2020, 22:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @jhmanigo.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us.

You may want to consider getting in touch with our sales team @ +18006802345 option 4 for the best options to take advantage of.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. we are always here to help.

Thanks,

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

I have Arc, sub, and rear ones and use two paired play 5’s on either side of the TV for music.

Hi @jhmanigo.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us.

I would like to inform you that you cannot add a Sub to a single Sonos Play 5 or a Sonos Five. You may only add a Sonos Sub to a Stereo paired Sonos speaker which means 2 Sonos Speakers of the same model stereo paired. You may want to consider getting in touch with our sales team @ +18006802345 option 4 for the best options to take advantage of.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. we are always here to help.

Thanks,

This is not true. I have a single Play:5 paired with a sub right now in my living room.  I think the OP looking for more of a recommendation sound-wise.