Airplay 2 capable Connect?

• 3 September 2018
  • 2 replies

I saw the announcement for the new Amp and wondered why the corresponding non amplified version wasn’t announced? Is it possible there won’t be one? I’ve sold all my non AP2 capable Sonos gear and bought a Beam with a couple Ones to replace them. I’m now looking at my low budget home theater room which only had a amplifier and wired speakers until now. Is it worth waiting to see if they come out with an AP2 capable Connect to use with my existing equipment and speakers or scrap it all for a Beam with Play 1 surrounds?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I think it unlikely there will be a new Connect. I think that Airplay 2 capability was a minor driver for the new Amp, which seems to be significantly superior to the original Connect:Amp. But I don't know any more than anyone else.

I assume you are aware that grouping allows older Sonos speakers to play using Airplay 2 (although I realise that is not a perfect solution).

I assume you are aware that grouping allows older Sonos speakers to play using Airplay 2 (although I realise that is not a perfect solution).

Yes, I’m aware of that but it means that either I have to leave it grouped all the time or set up a guest with the Sonos app. Neither option is very appealing in my case.