Answered

80m2 living/dinig speakers room music setup

• 20 December 2016
  • 4 replies

Hi all, i intend on buying sonos speakers to listen to music in my roughly 80m2 living and dining room.
Which speakers would you recommend?
I assume 2 play 1 will not be sufficient, right? My budget is sufficient for max 4x play 1 or 2 play 3, or one play 5.

Thanks a lot
icon

Best answer by Krislu 20 December 2016, 13:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Badge
The diff in the play 3 is one extra amp, one extra mid woofer, and a bass "accoutimass" radiator. I have both and the sound on the 3 clearly warrants the extra $100. I think a pair of 3s syncs up very nicely with a sub where as the 1s are a bit tiny/hollow and the 5s are almost overkill to pair w a sub the 3s are perfect. Having said that, it is possible that your tastes and room layout could favor four 1s vs two 3s. You Gould do both, price of four 1s is $800. The price of two 1s and two 3s is 1,000.....so the total diff in price is a grand total of....$200....and you get some nice added mids and a little base. Add a sub later and it's heaven.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I agree the 4 play:1s and save up to add sub later.
I would go with the 4 play1. Put one in each corner. If you feel that's not enough coverage you can always get more as time and buget allows and later down the line add the sub. Kris
Do you think stereo would work then considering the room is quite large (8m x 10m)?

What do you think of 2x play 1 and 1x play 3? The play 3 closer to the kitchen area of the room, and the play 1s closer to the couch area?
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
I would go with the 4 play1. Put one in each corner. If you feel that's not enough coverage you can always get more as time and buget allows and later down the line add the sub. Kris