2 x Play:5 OR Play:5 + Sub

Badge
So, my Zeppelin Air has finally given up the ghost. The Zeppelin Original I had before it died in a similar fashion, so I am moving from Bowers & Wilkins to Sonos.

I am definitely getting a Play:5 but I am not sure what to pair it with. Another Play:5 or a Sub?

I live in an apartment, these 2 devices (whichever combo I get) will be in the same room. I listen to a lot of EDM, R&B, Hip-Hop etc., so bass matters to me. But I don't know whether a Play:5 + Sub is "overkill" on the bass front, or whether 2 x paired Play:5s would do a better overall job?

All thoughts appreciated from people with similar configs.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11
Save some money, get two Sonos Ones with the Sub.

I have that at home and it sounds great. Otherwise if you want to splurge I'd say get two Play:5's for the stereo pair
Badge
Thanks for your reply. Is the difference between the Sonos One and Play:1 ONLY that the One has AirPlay, Alexa support and different touch controls? Only because I use neither Alexa nor AirPlay... Just wondering if there is a sound difference...?
Userlevel 4
Badge +11
Essentially yes. Sound wise the Play:1 and One are the same.
Just features and some better internals regarding the chipset and RAM (to allow Airplay and Alexa.)

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings