Question

ZP100 Will not connect to wireless network, only worked when wired

• 30 January 2017
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
  • Contributor I
  • 4 replies
Hi, I had a ZP100 in storage for a while, finally took it out this weekend to add to a room. However, when I tried to install it, the device would not connect to my wireless network. Only works when wired up. I reset my entire sonos system as if it was brand new, reboot my router etc. all devices connected properly (wireless) except for the ZP100. when it was connected via Ethernet, the software updated etc..so its running the latest SW.

Here is the message I get when I try to configure it's wireless settings.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Do you have any other devices hooked to router. If you have the ZP100 connected to router and then unplug it - if the ZP100 is the only device hooked to router then it will force the system from Sonosnet to regular wifi only.

Before unhooking go through steps of going to settings...advanced...wifi setup. Insure everything correct for your home wifi setup. Once done then unplug the zp100 from Ethernet. Give the system about 10 minutes to adjust and see that all is working properly.
Userlevel 2
I disconnected all wired and wireless devices (sonos and others) from my router, reboot the router and only plug in the zp100. it works fine. The moment I unplug it...I get the message pasted above. I tripled checked the wireless settings for my router, password...etc.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I disconnected all wired and wireless devices (sonos and others) from my router, reboot the router and only plug in the zp100. it works fine. The moment I unplug it...I get the message pasted above. I tripled checked the wireless settings for my router, password...etc.

Hi thak,

If the ZP100 is old enough it may not have the right firmware to be able to connect to a fully wireless system. Please wire the ZP100 in so that you can see if on the app and then submit a diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number.
Userlevel 2
Hey Jeff, the confirmation number is 7085091. Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Sadly, it looks like the wireless card on that unit is no longer functioning. You can certainly try to factory reset the ZP100 by unplugging the power, holding the mute button and plugging it in, then holding the mute for 45 seconds or so, the light should start flashing orange before you let it go.

Then try to add it back in. Once it's back on, go ahead and send one more diagnostic for us.

If that's not working still, it's likely a hardware issue with the wireless card. You could leave the unit wired in, or if you wanted to look into a replacement, you could give us a call on our support line. The unit isn't under warranty, but they may be able to help still
Userlevel 2
Thanks for the info, ill try that reset procedure again and call support to see what we can figure out.