Answered

ZP100 not connecting to SonosNet just wired only connection

Hi.

I've brought a secondhand ZP100 and all seems ok (apart from having to update the firmware/software and not having my CR100 anymore!!) and the player connects to the system via cable ok and can be seen in the app and operates, but will not connect to the SonosNet when the Ethernet cable is pulled out.

All other players good (Play1, play3, play5 zp80 and bridges) and can be seen at all times.

I’ve done a diagnostic check and have the reference number of 629285020 and wondered if someone could look into it for me.

If if there is a problem with the player and want to return it as soon as possible for a refund.

Many thanks in advance.
icon

Best answer by ratty 1 August 2019, 13:32

Being generous, he maybe got the numbers mixed up.

Whether or not Sonos looks at your diagnostic, you might be able to see the serial number on your Sonos account at https://www.sonos.com/myaccount/products/. It'll only still be there if the seller hasn't yet re-registered it back onto his system. Check it out and take a screenshot.
View original

17 replies

Point a browser to http://IP_address_of_ZP100:1400/status/proc/ath_rincon/status (substituting the IP from About My Sonos System). If it's empty or there isn't a list of nodes with accompanying signal strengths then the radio is not working.

Did you factory reset the unit before adding it? If not, a faint possibility is that the previous owner simply disabled the radio and didn't correct that before shipping.
Hi.

I did a factory reset and the result from the status page for the player is:
contents of /proc/ath_rincon/status
error opening file /proc/ath_rincon/status (errno=2 No such file or directory)

cheers.
That sounds rather sinister. If the radio was simply disabled it would just say "contents of /proc/ath_rincon/status" then a blank page. There would be no error message.

By all means wait for Sonos to check your diagnostic but it looks to me as though the ZP's radio is bust.
Cheers for the reply. Hopefully Sonos can look at the diagnostics.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi jjcmusic, I took a look at that diagnostic and can confirm an issue with the wireless card. I don't know what exactly is wrong, but from the diagnostic it's not even recognizing that the wifi card is there. The unit will work fine on Ethernet, but there isn't so much as a blip on the antennas.
Hi Ryan,

thanks for looking. I’ll have to arrange for a refund then. The item was sold in perfect condition.

Cheers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
It could have happened during shipping... or maybe in testing it they just wired the unit into the network (or just plugged it into the power and assumed all is well).

Troubleshooting-wise, you've already done all that I would have suggested.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Not needed for this topic but for folks finding it later.

If you submit a diagnostic Sonos offers some fast-response 24x7 support options on their contact page that can get you quicker diagnostic evaluations.
Hi.

With the diagnostics that I set the in, does it show the serial number of the ZP100?

I ask as I have returned the item and the seller is saying that it’s a different amp!!!!!!!

now I could do with the number so that I can open a case against this fraudulent claim.

Thanks in advance.
With the diagnostics that I set the in, does it show the serial number of the ZP100?
Yes. You'd better contact Sonos Support directly.

Depending on how you choose to pursue things, one option is simply to get a Sonos Bridge off eBay and wire that to the ZP100. In essence it would function as a wireless adapter for the ZP.
I’ve already sent it back. But I didn’t think of that.
Either the seller refunds you, or he has to send you the unit again. I'm afraid cheats like this are not uncommon; serial numbers should be recorded at every stage.
Well that the weird thing. He’s refunded me and then said that I have sent a different amp back as the serial numbers are different and wants the right one back!!??

i think he is trying to pull as fast one or has got his numbers mixed up. He was selling 2 ZP100s.
Being generous, he maybe got the numbers mixed up.

Whether or not Sonos looks at your diagnostic, you might be able to see the serial number on your Sonos account at https://www.sonos.com/myaccount/products/. It'll only still be there if the seller hasn't yet re-registered it back onto his system. Check it out and take a screenshot.
Thanks. It was there so screenshot taken. Cheers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
ratty beat me to it, but I would have advised going to your account page too to get the serial number.

Good luck!

At least he already refunded you...
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I learned the hard way to take serial number pictures when opening an ebay purchase. It doesn't prove anything but it can add to your case with the ebay support folks.