Question

ZP100 line outs & sub out stopped working - please help!

• 4 November 2017
  • 1 reply

Hello all,

My ZP100, which I bought about 5 years ago has always worked well, until the sub stopped working a few months ago.
It is connected to the speakers using normal speaker cables and an active sub is connected to the subwoofer output.

A few months ago, the sub stopped working. I assumed it was a problem with the sub as the ZP100 was otherwise working perfectly, but today I had a look at the sub and realised that the sub is fine - it works perfectly connected to another device.

So, its the ZP100 that isn't working.

I have tried setting the line out to fixed, to see if I can get anything, but no luck, I have swapped cables and done all the obvious stuff but not joy.

I think it was about May it stopped working, and I am thinking that a software update broke it, but that is just a guess.

The Sonos system is up to day, 8.1.1 i think, and the ZP100 is wired to the network, along with my other players.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated. Many thanks for reading.

Also, is it possible to revert a device to an older version of the Sonos firmware? That would be my first attempt I think....
Lance..

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, LanceCT. Firstly, thank you for your troubleshooting efforts thus far. Certainly makes our job that much easier. With the steps you've provided, it sounds like we may potentially need to replace this ZP100. Have you given our support technicians a call to get this sorted? If not, I would recommend to give them a call ASAP so we can finalize our troubleshooting steps and take a look at the options we have to get you back up and running. Our contact information can be found here.

Important Additional Note: Since the ZP100 is an older device that we no longer sell, you will need to be clear with the technician that you need to have this replaced with another ZP100 rather than a CONNECT:AMP (ZP120). The reason behind this is due to the fact that the CONNECT:AMP (ZP120) does not have Line Out.