Question

Zoneplayer disappearing after router upgrade

• 21 November 2016
  • 7 replies

System was working fine but after adding a new router(rt-ac87u) my ZP90 keeps disappearing from the network.
At first i receive a IP address but shortly after it loses it and i cannot find it anymore.
Audio (line in) keeps playing but stops playing after a while. Mute or volume button are not working. Pressing mute gives a orange blinking light. After a while it turns green.
Tried different wifi chanels but no improvement. Factory reset of the ZP didn't solve the issue.
My ZP:AMP has no problems.
Router is on latest firmware.
Tried moving it away from other components who might interfere with the wifi signal. No luck.
After i unplug the power the ZP gets IP again for a short time.
Router reset did not solve it.
Submitted diagnotics: 6768778

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Did you disconnect/reconnect all the devices on your network after the router swap? This is essential.
Hi Ratty, i unpluged the power on all of them. Powered them up one by one. It did not solve the issue.
Not just your Sonos devices, ALL network devices have to be rebooted. The reason for this is your network suffers from duplicate IP addresses. These show up after a router change because the new router has no idea about the IP assignments made by the old router, so when a lease is up or another device comes online, it issues a new IP that is already in use by another device. Rebooting just the Sonos devices not only doesn't cure this, it can exacerbate the problem. To cure, you must do the following:

Reboot/power cycle your devices in the following order:

Modem
Router
Switches or hubs
Wired Sonos units
Wireless Sonos units
Computers/printers
Wireless devices - phones/tablets etc.

Allow each device to come back up before proceeding to the next. Note that you can permanently prevent duplicate IP addresses by assigning an IP to each device's MAC address in the router setup. See your router manual for details.
I allready have assigned fixed IP addresses to all sonos units.
I will try rebooting following your advise tomorrow. Will post an update after.
Well i did a full restart of all components. Unfortunatly this did not solve the issue. As soon as I powerup the ZP90 it shows for a minute in the device list on the router and then disappears.
Since I configured Sonos to use my wireless network I grabbed my bridge and connected it to the router and now the ZP90 stays visible. But as soon as I set it to run on my wireless network and remove the bridge the ZP90 disappears again.
Any ideas what could cause this?
as soon as I set it to run on my wireless network and remove the bridge the ZP90 disappears again.
Any ideas what could cause this?

No. But if your router is anything like the RT-AC88U then the fix recommended here might help.
Allready on latest firmware. Tried these settings too. No luck 😞