Answered

Youtube music wont add to my Sonos

• 22 November 2021
  • 2 replies

I had this sonos for years and sometimes it wont connect so I reset it. Did that, adding youtube to my sonos and I enter the code. the separate google page says  success, device connected but when I go to my sonos app it says
there was a connection error and it could not be made? I've tried it a few times and it will not work, tried another device, even upgraded my YouTube music nothing is working. I have no idea why it wont connect.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 23 November 2021, 01:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Oh, and just to be clear, it does need to be YouTube Music, and not a YouTube Video of music….

I’d suggest two things for now.

First, try a reboot of both the speaker and your router, and see if that fixes the issue. 

Second, if that doesn’t work, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of re-creating this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.