Answered

Youtube Music Access Denied

• 8 March 2021
  • 9 replies

I am getting an error on youtube music when trying to play from playlists

First it only brought in my liked playlist and not any of my other ones

Second in my liked playlist all songs are grayed and I get an access is denied error message.

I have a youtube premium subscription.

I have tried reauthorizing and disconnecting and reconnecting my account.

icon

Best answer by Xander P 9 March 2021, 10:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @nmoore, welcome to the Sonos Community!

Just to confirm, is this only happening with music from your playlists? If you try to play music using the Search function, or from “My Supermix" do you still have the same issues?

It may be worth performing a network reboot as well, by rebooting your router, followed by any access points, then each Sonos speaker, and finally the phone/tablet you use to control the Sonos system.

Let us know if this helps :)

Sonos, Please come clean on this issue and tell us the truth about YourTube music no longer working on via the S2 app upgrade! What is going on?

I have been using your SONOS products as a devoted client for over 7 years now with a Sonos Playbar, a Sonos One pair (last few years) and the Sonos Bridge. I have more recenlty enabled and been successfully using the Google Voice Assistant for voice command benefits for over 8 months with nil issues. i.e. No issues with “Hey Google”, “Play relaxing jazz music.” And...off it would go and execute the voice command and play just fine via YouTube over a Sonos Playbar and a pair of Sonos Ones.

So...in line with Sonos’ V2 product updates suggestions...I recently decided to upgrade from the Bridge to a Boost and move over from the S1 to the S2 app. Doomed!  Now …  “Hey Google”, …  “Play relaxing jazz music.” results in...”A can’t find what you asked for”. I have tried your support service, no success. The YouTube music option when added into Sonos app clearly says “YouTube Music, Free service available”. Can you please advise how to restore the service that used to work just fine….?

I also have the same issue

I also can not find the song in search function

...and yet....no comment from SONOS!

Poor. Very poor.

To add insult to injury....since upgrading from S1 App and the bridge to the Sonos (S2) App and the boost for connectivity, almost every time I launch the Sonos App (S2) it can not discover the sonos components and asks me to re-discover the Sonos system components in the home all over again and then fails to do so!!!!. Totally FRUSTRATING!!!!

Really SONOS? WHAT IS GOING ON?

We want "the sound system to work reliably" please. Is that too much to ask?

Yes. It is. You’ve posted a new question on a thread that’s already marked as answered, and was by the second post, one by a Sonos rep. I suspect the Sonos folks are busy answering questions that are not on already ‘answered’ threads. Perhaps if you were to open your own thread, you might get a more satisfactory response. 

Userlevel 1

Hey, I've spent an hr trying to figure out why I had access denied, I saw on Sonos app or web somewhere that YouTube Brand accounts do not work. Mine was annoyingly so! There is a method to move most stuff over to an Individual account, and now all my playlists show up and work, hope the info helps 👍🏻

Might be valuable to pass that on to the folks at YouTube (Google), since they operate the authorization server that Sonos reaches out to.

Userlevel 1

Here's a video I found to help transfer from a brand acc.