'your Sonos playlists is full'

• 28 July 2021
  • 6 replies

As has been described before, this message has appeared when I try to EITHER: Create a new playlist, or even add to the existing ones I have. I am running a Sonos Play:1 and Play:5 on the S1 app.

I called and submitted a diagnostic, only to be told that I have the maximum number of playlists allowed (I have 20, and one only has 11 songs in it!!!) and I have to delete some. I had already removed all the imported playlists which came from my iTunes, so when I explained this, the support agent refused to acknowledge this was a ridiculous statement, and stuck to telling me I had to delete playlists. Unable to pass me on to a supervisor, but did escalate my case, if that actually means anything. We shall see. 

So- has anyone actually found a workaround for this ridiculous issue? The tech support used to be far more helpful, i am sure!

Thanks in advance.

Robin

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Badge +17

Hi @RobinLJ,

The limit you’re hitting only applies to Sonos playlists - not playlists on any music service or imported playlists from iTunes. There’s a limit of 70 favourited items in the My Sonos screen, so while you might only have 20 playlists there, check to see if you have other favourited entries such as radio stations or albums.

To work around this I’d suggest making the playlists on the music service itself, or you can feel free to re-import your iTunes Playlists if you’re using a music library. I’m not sure of the exact details of your case and since it’s been escalated I won’t comment any further, but I hope I was able to make things a bit clearer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Turn them into either Imported Playlists (if using a local library) or music service playlists (if using a music service).

Thank you, but HOW can I turn them into imported playlists?
this is driving me nuts! 
thanks

Robin

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Thank you, but HOW can I turn them into imported playlists?
this is driving me nuts! 
thanks

Robin

So these playlists are for your local library? Why not use .m3u or similar files (using a proper music manager), then Import them into Sonos?

If you want to use my app to help then Export them as Sonos XML then you’ll need to process those into an m3u file (or whatever your preferred playlist format is).

Hi again. I’ve lot heard anything from Sonos at all, so thought I might follow up with the idea of using a proper music manager. Please do let me have further details- in an ideal world, I want to be able to run both iTunes?Apple Music and Sonos off the same library which was how it was setup before Apple made the change to Music instead of iTunes. I still have a very much treasured iPod classic which I want to be able to sync as well, but haven’t managed that for ages!

Thanks in advance

Robin

Sonos continues to access the Music Library created by the Music app, which is the replacement for the iTunes app. At no point in time has Sonos ever changed that usage. 

The FAQ for setting up your music library shows you pointing the Sonos controller to the library maintained by Apple Music on your local hard drive.