Answered

XM Radio

• 14 September 2021
  • 3 replies

I am getting an error message when trying to connect to XM. “Unsupported digital rights management system”

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 14 September 2021, 00:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

That’s odd. Try first unplugging your Sonos speaker for a minute, then plug it back in, and see if it continues.

If it does, try unplugging your Sonos speaker, and while it’s unplugged, rebooting your router. Once the router comes back up, you can plug back in your Sonos speaker.

There’s always a chance that just deleting and re-entering your account info for SiriusXM will cause a new handshake with their authorization server, and fix the issue. 

But if none of the above works, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

I will give it a shot. Thanks

Since it’s a somewhat odd issue, I’d be interested in feedback as to which of the above you end up using to fix the issue….it’ll give me deeper understanding as to what’s actually happening, hopefully.