Question

Xclaim, Sonos Wi Fi - Interference?

• 17 December 2016
  • 1 reply

Hello people!

I am having issues with my Sonos:AMP when running on wireless.
When we are only a few people at home its not too bad, but sometimes i get disconnected from the AMP, and the music stops playing. Then i have to wait 30ish seconds before i can reconnect.

What's funny is that when my kids visit, and alot of mobile devices connect to the router "Xclaim X-2" the problem becomes much more frequent.

I think that, and so does my son, the wireless channels are overlapping. But i have tried chaning the channels on my router (Xclaim):

So its using channel 3

and my sonos is set to use channel 11.

I hope someone can point me in the right direction. :)

Happy holidays!

- Peter Hansen

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

First, the Xclaim Xi-2 is an access point not a router. You must have a router somewhere. Does it also have a WiFi?

I'm afraid channel 3 is a poor choice for WiFi. Even at a basic 20MHz channel width it will interfere badly with any device using the standard non-overlapping channels of 1 and 6. You should choose 1, 6 or 11 for the Xi-2.

What's more, if your Xi-2 is set to use a 40MHz width channel it will currently be causing problems for Sonos on channel 11. I tried to establish whether the Xi-2 defaults to a 40MHz channel at 2.4GHz but couldn't readily locate a user guide.