Answered

xbox One S Delay

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

I recently bought a used Xbox One S.

Bought solely to use as a BD player as I know it can transcode DTS to Dolby Digital. 

So I have set it all up. Xbox is set to output bitstream DD 5.1 and my Sonos AMP is also showing that it is playing DD 5.1. 

Unfortunately, the sound is out of sync. 

Everything is in sync when playing in uncompressed stereo and everything is in sync from my other sources (Apple TV). 

Has anyone tried this? Can’t fix it with my TVs audio delay as that can only add further delay. 

My tv is an LG GX. I have two Sonos AMPs (one front and one rear) and a Sonos Sub. 

icon

Best answer by Tejs Dyrvig Ernst 3 May 2021, 10:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Try clearing the storage cache (persistent storage) and deleting and reinstalling the Blu-ray player app.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Try clearing the storage cache (persistent storage) and deleting and reinstalling the Blu-ray player app.

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately didn’t solve the issue. In the meantime got another issue with a black screen on the Xbox so further steps are paused until I figure that issue out :(

If you resolve the screen issue then I wonder if the transcoding is causing the delay?  That is speculative on my part.  One troubleshooting test you could do would be to connect the XBox directly to the Amp via optical out and the optical to HDMI-ARC adapter.  If that syncs when playing DD5.1 then it isn’t the transcoding.

(Note: can’t remember if that adapter is supplied with the Amp)

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

I think I managed to fix it or at least reduce it to an acceptable degree. Had to set my output on the tv to passthrough to avoid any additional processing on the tv. 

I will do some more testing but it seems to be working.