Won't play anything not local

• 19 November 2020
  • 3 replies

All of a sudden, Sonos stops playing any streaming service at all. It seems to work with local network music, and the tracks are browsable. But since changing nothing one day, it suddenly wont play radio stations, or streaming music sources. Looking in the log it says 

SCPlayContainerFactory(1): Play error = 701

Has something been changed to make old devices not work any more?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @errkk.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, I totally understand where you're coming from and I’m here to help.

Try unplugging all Sonos devices from power, then reboot your router. Once the router comes back up, plug your Sonos devices back in.

Are you also using Pocketcasts or any podcast?

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Hi, Thanks for the response. Yes i’ve tried this, a number of times in different orders, i’ve even moved it and plugged it into the ethernet on the router. It seems to be connected ok, as it can browse all the music just fine, but when i try to play something, it says it cant.

To clarify, the network connection seems to be fine. I can play music from a local file share, but that is all. I can browse spofity and tunein stations, but none of them will play. I should add that the internet connection is working, asI’m posting this online.

This happened over night, so it’s as if a software update or change to the service has disabled or broken something,