Answered

Won't Connect to WiFi

• 16 May 2018
  • 1 reply

Had no trouble with speakers until this morning when my speakers weren't connected to WiFi and now won't reconnect. Everything else in the house connects.
Hooked one of the two up to a wired connection, still no luck; tells me I need to ensure I'm using a 2.4 GHz wireless network that is 802.11b/802.11g compatible, and trying to sell me a boost, lol. Do I need to try a full reset?
icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 16 May 2018, 07:32

If you do a reset you will have everything, playlists, favorites and music services erased, save that for a last resort.

Power down all your Sonos gear, reboot the router. Power up your Wired Sonos, let it sit for a couple minutes to stabilize and then reboot your controller and check to see if you can connect to it. If you can power up the rest of your Sonos one at a time.

Might try setting up static / reserved IP addresses in your router's DHCP settings page to see if it prevents this from happening again.

If that doesn't work try the Sonos 24x7 Twitter or their phone support when it opens.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
If you do a reset you will have everything, playlists, favorites and music services erased, save that for a last resort.

Power down all your Sonos gear, reboot the router. Power up your Wired Sonos, let it sit for a couple minutes to stabilize and then reboot your controller and check to see if you can connect to it. If you can power up the rest of your Sonos one at a time.

Might try setting up static / reserved IP addresses in your router's DHCP settings page to see if it prevents this from happening again.

If that doesn't work try the Sonos 24x7 Twitter or their phone support when it opens.