Answered

Wireless Problems with Sonos Beam

• 6 March 2019
  • 3 replies

Hello,

So the other day (Monday) I had a power cut in my area, a few times actually. Everything was working fine until yesterday (Tuesday). I was streaming a football match on the BT Sports App on my Samsung Smart TV and towards the end, the sound kept cutting out and back in again. I assumed this was down to the stream. Upon returning to regular tv I noticed it was still doing it, and also, my Alexa wasn't responding and she told me this in an American accent (?)

I have a surround set up: Two Sonos Ones and the Sonos Beam. I restored everything to factory and set them up again. Everything working fine with the One's, but the Beam says it's having wireless problems and cant connect to my Wifi, the same wifi as everything else. The beam is connected to my TV through arc-hdmi and I have tried everything from completely resetting my router, to resetting my TV and still getting the same error.

Can anyone help? There doesn't appear to be a clear fix, and I don't really fancy buying the Boost if it wasn't necessary before Monday.

Thanks to any response.
icon

Best answer by Courtney Mark 7 March 2019, 17:08

Hi all,

Thanks for the responses. Actually managed to fix it. Can't really say what the issue was, but I disconnected the surround system and reconnected and it worked. Just very odd and unsure why it happened in the first place.

@AjTrek Power cuts rarely happen round here. Easily the first one in about 10 years, but I'll take your advice into consideration. Thank you
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi, Courtney Mark. Welcome to the community. Not to worry, we can certainly get to the bottom of this for you. Following an occurrence of this issue, please submit a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number. Many thanks in advance.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Hi Courtney Mark

Even if your experience was a one time occurrence or your area experiences power outages on a regular basis I'd recommend placing a surge protector in between all of your electronic equipment and the wall outlet. Spikes and multiple power cuts as you experienced can be very damaging to electronics. The surge protector will take the hit and if severe enough will stop working all together; effectively cutting power to your equipment on a permanent basis until you can attend to the problem.

Hopefully, submitting the diagnostic will not reveal any damage to your Beam and focus the problem/solution elsewhere. However, not to worry if the Beam has been damaged Sonos is very good about replacing the product under warranty (if electrical damage is covered for your country) or offering a replacement for a nominal fee. Good Luck!
Hi all,

Thanks for the responses. Actually managed to fix it. Can't really say what the issue was, but I disconnected the surround system and reconnected and it worked. Just very odd and unsure why it happened in the first place.

@AjTrek Power cuts rarely happen round here. Easily the first one in about 10 years, but I'll take your advice into consideration. Thank you