Answered

Wireless Connection to Sonos App problem

• 6 February 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi, I have a Sonos One SL speaker and have tried to connect multiple times, but the app always shows cannot connect to my speaker, even tho I have tried reset the speaker, the app and the router. 

However, on one occasion, I plugged my speaker to the wall socket, instead plugging it on the extension power board, I can connect it again. After properly setting up device (finally), and connect Sonos to Spotify, next day, I have the same issue again. BUT, I can find the Sonos Speaker system in my Spotify and able to use it, but not via the Sonos App. 

Can anyone please tell me what is the problem here?? 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 14 February 2022, 10:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @HappyLace 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

As you’re able to access your Sonos system via the Spotify app and not the Sonos app, it seems clear to me that there is a network configuration issue (your router is not allowing your phone to communicate with your speaker - Spotify connects via the cloud). I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system, in order to resolve this.

I hope this helps.