Wireless CONNECT:AMP keeps disappearing after a few hours

• 28 June 2018
  • 4 replies

My CONNECT:AMP keeps disappearing after a few hours of being detected on the network. I then need to power cycle just the CONNECT:AMP and it comes back online.

I don't think this is a weak signal issue... as the simple move of power cycling brings it back online.

Here is my diagnostics: 458369058

Yes I have set static IP for the sonos system. Also the Router is on Channel 1, and my Sonos system was on channel 11, now switched it to channel 6.

I can see there are hundreds of these threads of people complaining about sonos systems disappearing. Why does Sonos have this specific issue? Why shouldn't I just buy a normal wifi speaker system... that actually works WITH my WIFI? Like Echo?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
The diagnostic is probably going to give good information for Sonos to look at. Do you have any wireless cameras or such near the amp that may possibly be causing some interference?
No, I don't have anything around it, just my TV. I really don't understand why there's so much interference with the sonos system? - My laptop & phone & tablets & everything else that relies on WIFI works perfectly from all my rooms with zero disconnection issue, or "interference", or duplicate IP issues. So why is it specifically Sonos that has issues? Am I missing something? Why can I stream HD netflix for 24/7 via WIFI... but can't listen to a few songs longer than a few hours on Sonos?
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I'm not going to pretend to have a complete understanding of at all, but at a broad level, because Sonos needs to be able to steam audio to multiple units in sync, it is more exposed to network issues like interference and duplicate IP addresses.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
My CONNECT:AMP keeps disappearing after a few hours of being detected on the network. I then need to power cycle just the CONNECT:AMP and it comes back online.

I don't think this is a weak signal issue... as the simple move of power cycling brings it back online.

Here is my diagnostics: 458369058

Yes I have set static IP for the sonos system. Also the Router is on Channel 1, and my Sonos system was on channel 11, now switched it to channel 6.

I can see there are hundreds of these threads of people complaining about sonos systems disappearing. Why does Sonos have this specific issue? Why shouldn't I just buy a normal wifi speaker system... that actually works WITH my WIFI? Like Echo?

Thanks for sending in the diagnostic report. Your system is getting hit with wireless interference from nearby signals. There are a couple pretty strong networks in range. There's a couple BT wireless signals on channels 1 and 11, that are very strong. There's also a TalkTalk system on channel 6 which is a bit weaker, but still strong enough to interfere with your Sonos system, which is also on channel 6.

Changing your Sonos system from channel 6 to 11 or 1 (the other 2 options), probably won't help because of these other wireless networks. It might be best to leave your own wireless network on channel 1, and then set it so that it does not automatically switch channels (a common default). Then, you can set your Sonos system up so that it connects to your wireless network instead of connecting in the SonosNet mesh configuration. This would stop your Sonos speakers from competing for strength with your wireless network.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings