Answered

Wired network but getting audio drop outs

• 14 February 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi, I have 3 play 1’s and a connect connected to my tv in the lounge, all 4 devices are connected via CAT5 cables which run to my 48port Netgear Gigabit switch, I have over 100mbps internet and still I’m getting drop outs, I have listened to the audio on each speaker and it seems fine but I can’t work out which one is at fault, can anyone help? I’m not very tech minded.

many thanks

icon

Best answer by Corry P 5 March 2021, 12:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi

Please see my article here.

Yeah I don’t have duplicate IP address’s as checked all my devices in my routers lab table 

Yeah I don’t have duplicate IP address’s as checked all my devices in my routers lab table 

Dup IPs can be sneaky… have you actually given all Sonos devices reserved IPs?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

There is no way of seeing duplicate IP addresses at the router, for the reasons set out in the post.  I suggest that you follow the steps as it’s good network practice anyway.

Hi

Please see my article here.

Excellent and helpful article, by the way :-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @scirvine001 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Are you still having this issue? If @UKMedia’s advice on  

didn’t help, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team - they will be able to interrogate your Sonos equipment as to what is going wrong and give advice specific to you.