Windows 10 Sonos Account? Where did this come from?

• 13 May 2017
  • 5 replies

My installation of Windows 10 has a new account named Sonos Wireless HiFi System. Does anybody know why? Thanks for the help!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi BlueSkyHi, welcome to the community. This account is made in order to allow Sonos to access your Music Library (the music files stored on the computer). We make a new user account to make it easier for Sonos to get permission from Windows to read them.
Hello Tom and thanks for the response. Being a little "gun-shy", I deleted the account so I am thinking that if I reinstall the software the account will be restored?
Yes, the user should be recreated when the software reinstalls.
Hello,
For me the Sonos software did not just create a separate profile but it made a new power plan and made it default. It lowered the clock speed by almost 1 GHz! I was ready to buy a new computer but luckily I found the power plan and I chose the normal power plan and my cpu started running at the advertised speed again. The power plan was named something about Sonos but I can not check now because I deleted it right away.
This can be a huge problem for the average user and they might think that their computer is broken. I think you should delete this setting because I see no point in Sonos messing with my power plan settings. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Had same problem created its own power plan made it default how can I stop this.