Wifi stopped working immediately.

• 28 November 2020
  • 6 replies

I recently bought sonos Arc and two Sonos one with microphone. When I connected the setup after sometime my wifi stopped working and I have no internet since then, yesterday. 

I am using Netgear Night Hawk D7800 and not sure what’s the problem. My internet had no trouble what so ever before connecting this full setup. I have a feeling that Sonos wifi connection is interfering with the wifi signal and causing the problem. Can someone help. Thanks. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Unlikely but if you power off your Sonos devices, does your wi-fi resume?

Ok right. Got your point. My internet wasn’t working when the Sonos were powered off. Thanks for suggesting an easy tip I missed. 

Also, not that we figured out that my internet is faulty. My two side sonos ones are not working with no sound. Does Sonos one need to have active internet connection to work for sound or just the same wifi network. U know what I mean. Wifi is connected to all but no internet connection and no sound from Sonos one speakers. Thanks. 

Also I have another question as I am fairly new to Sonos setup. 

Right now at my home the setup is connected with one arc and two Sonos one. I setup the connection via my phone (iPhone 11). When I leave home- does the Sonos ones get disconnected as my phone is out of wifi network group. Or do they all connect to each other via their own wireless connection. Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Ok right. Got your point. My internet wasn’t working when the Sonos were powered off. Thanks for suggesting an easy tip I missed. 

Also, not that we figured out that my internet is faulty. My two side sonos ones are not working with no sound. Does Sonos one need to have active internet connection to work for sound or just the same wifi network. U know what I mean. Wifi is connected to all but no internet connection and no sound from Sonos one speakers. Thanks. 

Unless you're play music from a local music library, then you won't be able to stream music.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Also I have another question as I am fairly new to Sonos setup. 

Right now at my home the setup is connected with one arc and two Sonos one. I setup the connection via my phone (iPhone 11). When I leave home- does the Sonos ones get disconnected as my phone is out of wifi network group. Or do they all connect to each other via their own wireless connection. Thanks 

Your phone is only running the Sonos App, it isn't required for any connection between Sonos devices.

Ok thanks for your reply. 

I have checked a few times when my phone is not connected to wifi the Sonos one are not working / are not possibly connected. So then I connect it to wifi and after sometime the Sonos ones get connected to the main sound bar (arc). Is there any setting that I might have done wrong so I setup the system in wrong way. There seems something wrong.