Answered

WiFi password not recognised

• 26 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi community, I have a Sonos play 5 2nd gen and a Sonos play 1. I changed my wifi provider and password and now it won’t connect unless connected to the router with Ethernet. Has anyone found the solution to this as I see it’s a common problem, if not, can someone sent me the European number to contact Sonos?

thanks.

icon

Best answer by Xander P 1 March 2021, 10:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Keithus, welcome to the Sonos Community!

Have you configured Sonos to connect to the new WiFi? You can do this, while connected via Ethernet, by going to Settings > System > Network > Wireless Setup within the Sonos app.

If it’s giving you a “wrong password" message when performing the Wireless Setup, this is often related to the router not broadcasting a supported WiFi - you can find here the Sonos system requirements, and I’d recommend checking that your wireless signal meets the specified requirements.

If you’re still having trouble, feel free to reach out to the Support Team via either live chat or phone call :)